Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Dog Food Review
- Decent ingredient selections
- Well priced
Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain is a Costco brand but it’s actually made by Diamond pet foods who make Taste of the Wild. They’re a big company and produce decent foods, so it’s nice to see this available in Australia for a very reasonable price. It’s also available from FairDinks.com.au for those who don’t live near a Costco store (i.e. the whole of WA).
The main ingredient is salmon meal which will be the main source of protein in the food, although peas and ocean fish meal will contribute to this as well. It’s nice to see a decent fish meal as the main ingredient, which is the makings of a decent food.
Sweet potatoes are the second ingredient, with more potato as the 4th ingredient. Potato isn’t a bad inclusion although it does make this food potato-heavy with a protein percentage of 24%. It’s only a minor gripe. which is counteracted by the amount of fruits, veggies, vitamins, and minerals in the food. We also find flaxseed which is a nice inclusion for healthy skin and coat.
All in all this is a nice, well-balanced food for a good price. Recommended.
If our cat and dog food reviews help, then help us by telling others. The price compare and adverts are our only source of revenue to keep the website running. Thank you 🙂
Our recommended retailers
We get a small commission if you buy through these retailers, and as a free resource we would be grateful for your support!
Further Ingredients Analysis
In regard to some of the comments on this page I’ve decided to give a breakdown of the vitamins and minerals included in Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain to clarify the reason they’re included:
- Iron Proteinate – An excellent (and expensive) source of iron for red blood cell reproduction.
- Zinc Proteinate – An excellent souce of zinc, which protects against free radicals. It’s essential to insulin formation and the immune system.
- Zinc Sulphate – A standard source of zinc (see above).
- Copper Proteinate – An excellent source of copper, which aids bone development and enchances iron absorbtion.
- Copper Sulphate – A standard source of copper (see above).
- Ferrous Sulphate – Promotes oxygen-rich blood and helps the immune system.
- Potassium Iodide – Potassium balances acid and alkaline levels.
- Thiamine Mononitrate – Aids nervous system and mental temperament (vitamin B-1).
- Manganese Proteinate – The best souce of manganese for strong bones, enzyme activators, and immune system.
- Manganese Oxide & Sulfate – Additional sources of manganese (see above).
- Ascorbic Acid – Provides vitamin C, anti-oxidant, and immune system. This isn’t the best source as it can be harsh on the stomach.
- Vitamin A – Essential for the immune system, bones, eyes, and reduces the risk of cancer.
- Biotin – Good for a healthy skin and coat.
- Niacin – Good for digestion, nerves, and skin.
- Calcium Pantothenate – Supports adrenal activity.
- Sodium Selenite – An anti-oxident that protects from free radicals and heavy metals, as well as aiding the immune system.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6) – Stimulates the immune system and protein metabolism as well as aiding red blood cell production.
- Vitamin B12 – Aids immune response.
- Riboflavin – Improves energy as well as fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Folic Acid – Aids blood building and DNA synthesis.
Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, ocean fish meal, potato fiber, pea protein, natural flavor, flaxseed, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
- Decent ingredient selections
- Well priced
- Lots of potato & peas