If this page helps you, please help us with a "like"!

Review Details
Rating
Website Balanced Life
Available from My Pet Warehouse
Balanced Life

Balanced Life

I say this all the time, but cats are obligate carnivores. They need a diet high in meat and without the starchy grainy carbs we find in most commercial cat foods. Balance Life is 80% meat, bone, and offal which is fantastic. The remaining 20% is comprised of a range of excellent fruits, veggies, oils, vitamins, and minerals. This makes the food far better than nearly every other cat food available, with the comparatives being ZiwiPeak and Feline Natural.

It’s important to note this food is an air-dried raw diet. Being air dried means nutrients remain pretty much intact in comparison to kibbles which are cooked at high temperatures. Fantastic! It’s easy to feed as well, you simply add fresh water before feeding which is a bonus in itself. Cat’s aren’t very good at seeking out water if it’s not readily available, and this can lead to health problems in later years particularly renal issues. Adding water to their daily diet ensures a fundamental water intake.

There are two formulas for cats, salmon and kangaroo. They use the same 80%/20% formula with the only difference being the meat source. You could alternate between the two.

The ratio of 80% to 20% is excellent. With many commercial brand kibbles you can be looking at 80% filler and perhaps 10% meat. That means Balanced Life is significantly healthier. Don’t be put off by bones and offal either, these are fundamental to a raw diet and provide essential nutrients for your cat to sustain a healthy life.

The remaining 20% is a mix of wonderful ingredients, with super-foods alfalfa, flaxseed, a mix of lentils, as well as peas, coconut, carrot, and more. Many of the minerals are chelated which means they’re much easier to absorb. This oozes quality and really shows it’s a quality product.

This is a fantastic cat food. 5 star.

Current offers

Click here for various sale items at My Pet Warehouse and PETstock

Where to buy?

Available from My Pet Warehouse

Good points…

Well formulated raw diet with the convenience of being dried and easy to feed.

Bad points…

Nothing at all. You could argue the price, but you get what you pay for.

Guaranteed Analysis


* Carbohydrates aren’t listed on pet food labels. With this being an air dried food moisture will be significant constituent, and carbohydrates will be low.

Ingredients

Kangaroo Meat, Kangaroo Organs (tripe, liver, heart, kidney, lung)*, Ground Kangaroo Bone, Alfalfa, Flax Seed, Sunflower Oil, Green Peas, Coconut, Carrot, Green Lentils, Red Lentils, Potato Starch, Chicory (Prebiotic), Cranberries, Parsley, Beetroot, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Barley Grass, Lecithin, Vegetable Extract Guar, Vegetable Glycerine, Vitamin C, Psyllium Husk, Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Natural Antioxidants (Rosemary Extract), Fish Oil, Sea Salt, Zinc Chelate, Vitamin E, Iron Chelate, Copper Chelate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12.

*Organ combination may vary.


If this page helps you, please help us with a "like"!